Call for Special Sessions
> Participation > Call for Special Sessions
※ Key dates will be announced soon in accordance with new congress date
Submission Guidelines for Special Sessions proposals
A ‘Special Session’ is a parallel session within the main Congress programme, proposed by an organisation or group of organisations. A Special Session is typically 90 minutes long and must also be aligned with one or more of the Congress themes.
The special session nominees have the responsibility to invite speakers and any special guests to the sessions. There is no nomination fee, but any session expenses (other than provision of a congress room and standard audio-visuals) are exclusively a matter for the nominees - they will not be the responsibility of IWRA or the Congress organisers.
To submit a Special Session proposal via the website, you only need to describe the proposed session in under 1000 words, including:
- a) Title and a short description of the session’s topic (and alignment with which congress sub-theme)
- b) The name of the lead and partner organisation(s)
- c) The session objectives, justifications, and projected outcomes, aligned with the Congress theme
- d) How the session will be organised and by whom
- e) A list of presenters who are proposed to speak in the session (indicating those who have already committed)
- f) A description of financial and other resources that could be committed to realising the session
- Special Session proposals must not include graphs, charts, diagrams, images, references, or citations.
- Please fill the proposal in text format (no WORD or PDF). A special session proposal will be automatically changed to a pdf version when you press ‘save & next’ button (There is no template and file attachment process).
- Please view the PDF for your submission before approving it to be certain that your submission remains free of any errors, as it will be reproduced exactly as submitted. After approval of the proposal in a pdf version, the submission process will be completed.
- Timeline will be announced soon.
- A decision on the acceptance of a Special Session proposal, which is conditional, is entirely at the discretion of the Chair of the ISC, made in consultation with ISC members and the National Organising Committee (NOC).
- All accepted presentation abstracts and special session proposals in 2020 will be transferred to new date in 2021. The review result will be delivered to submitter by e-mail individually.
- New submitted proposals will be reviewed by International Scientific Committee (ISC). All accepted session will be assigned to the final programme in the XVII Congress in 2021 after confirming all session participants’ registration.
- All participants in special sessions, including coordinators, guests and speakers, must be fully registered for the Congress.
Special Session Abstract Submission
- If the accepted special session consists of research paper presentations, session hosts are cordially invited to ask the special session participants to submit an abstract of their contributions.